Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training
“People say walking on water is a miracle, but to me walking peacefully on earth is the real miracle“
Thic Nhat Hahn
The institute acknowledges and respects the recommendations by the Swedish National Institute of Public Health, for preventing and avoiding the spread of Coronavirus. We also respect and follow the decisions made by the venues with whom we cooperate.
Our experience at present is that group training is possible when we offer good conditions for following national guidelines and take personal respnsibility, caring about the current situation. With this positive experience, new educations are therefore planned for 2021. A warm welcome!
Forest Bathing Guide Trainings 2021
Most welcome to a nature immersion and educational retreat and professional guide training in Forest Bathing.
The training is suitable for you who wish to combine a personal journey of nature immersion and to develop an expertise in the Art of Guiding others. And to do so according to a scientifically supported guiding method, a special skills programme and a theoretical and experience based learning.
In 2021, two Certified Forest Bathing Guide training programs are offered in Sweden.
The training training programme provides you with a a broad theoretical and methodological foundation, in combination with an extensive, practical and experience-based learning in nature. It is followed by a 3 months long practise period, supervised by your personal mentor and managed through online communication. The training and practise ends with a certification process.
Every guide needs to aquire a course in First Aid / CPR (cardiovascular rescue) as a requirement for certification. This course is booked and payed by each participant and is not included in the training fee.
For those who plan to guide in nature areas further away from community-based health care institutions, a First Aid training, adapted to wilderness, is strongly recommended.
Start: August 21, 2021
This Certified forest bathing guide training includes 3 modules:
- 2 half-day introductory lectures: The theoretical basis of forest bathing
- 6-day educational retreat: theory, methodology, nature immersion and practical skills in the art of the forest bathing
- 3-month mentored practise: individual and group based supervised forest bathing skills and applications, personal nature immersion practises, Certification process
- Training dates: Online lecture 21 + 22 August, Retreat Week: 27 August – September 2, Mentored practise period: September 6 – December 6
- Training times: Online lectures: 14.00 -17.30, Training Retreat: arrival at 14.00-16.00, ending: 14.30. Mentored practise period: scheduled individually
- Location: Mundekulla Eco Retreat Farm, Småland, Sweden
- Price: SEK 20,800 + VAT (25%)
- Registration fee: SEK 5,000
- Food and accommodation: booked and payed for separately. Please fill in the form directly to Mundekulla Eco Retreat Farm by clicking on this link: link to the form will be available shortly.
Most welcome to scroll down for more information on registration, payment and financial agreement
Start: May 21, 2021
- Training week : May 21-28, 2021 followed by a 3 months supervised practise period
- Time: Start 16.30 (arrival 15.30-16.00), End with lunch May 28 at 13.30
- Location: Mundekulla Eco Retreat Center
- Food and Accomodation: is booked and payed for separately. Please fill in the form for food and lodging directly to Mundekulla Eco Retreat Center by clicking on this link: MUNDEKULLA KOST&LOGI
- Training Fee: 20 800 kr+VAT
- Food and Accomodation: please see the different options available for you at Mundekulla registration
For travel instructions, please follow this link: Travel Mundekulla
Training manual and an practise period manual are provided on the training to support you throughout the process
Petra Ellora Cau Wetterholm is the founder and operations manager of the Scandinavian Nature and Forest Therapy Institute and “Shinrin-Yoku Sweden”. Petra works as a licenced Psychologist, as a Certified Nature and Forest Therapy Guide (by ANFT), a trainer and supervisor. She has extensive training as a mindfulness facilitator, in MBSR and MBCT according to the Center for Mindfulness, USA. In her work she focuses on the development of Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy as a method and for a scientific evaluation and integration into health care. What has greatly influenced Petra’s work is the nature connection that has followed her through life, the background in the performing and visual arts and the many years dedicated to recidency training at a Zen Buddhist temple. As a psychologist, she has chosen to focus specifically on stress-related disorders, neuropsychiatry, mindfulness-based interventions and method development. Petra has taught nationally and internationally and presented her work at a number of events and conferences, most recently at the World Conference for “Forests for Public Health” in Athens, 2019.
Marika Liebst works as a forest bathing guide with an expertise in additional skills and applications for those with particular needs. She is certified by the Scandinavian Nature & Forest Therapy Institute, and as a mindfulness facilitator. She is based in Gothenburg, Kungälv and Stenungsund and in the surrounding area. There she divides her nature time between the sea and the wide horizon, the forest and the lakes. Marika has run her own business since the early 90s. Nature has always been important as a base and inspiration. When experiencing personal grief and exhaustion, she found the connection with nature to be her path to recovery and an understanding of nature’s healing ability. Marika offers forest bathing walks for individuals and groups suffering from stress, fatigue syndrome and grief. Her focus as a guide is to invite the participants to discover the ease and non demanding ways to recovery, healing and nature connectedness.
Karin Sjögren works as a forest bathing guide, certified by the Scandinavian Nature & Forest Therapy Institute, and as a clinical therapist with a focus on mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and embodiment. For Karin, closeness to nature is an important source of recovery, security and comfort, contributing to a balance in life. Karin is based in Skåne County and is especially fond of Österlen. The proximity to sea and sky invites wonder and an in-depth perspective, or as she describes it: “a place where wastness meet forest, the sea meets with sky”. Karin runs a private clinic with a medical doctor and psychiatrist. Together, they work to highlight the health-promoting effects of nature and forest bathing.
Please note that you register in 4 steps:
1) Book training
Book your training by sending an email to email@example.com
2) Fill in the application form that you receive in an e-mail after you have booked your training
3) Pay the registration fee to: Shinrin-Yoku Sweden, Plusgiro: 89 49 60-4
IBAN SE60 9500 0099 6018 0894 9604
Certified Forest Bath Guide: SEK 5,000
The remaining training fee is paid no later than 60 days before the training starts, no later than March 1, 2020. If no payment is made, and in the case of a eaiting list, your spot may need to be opened for other participants.
4) Make your reservations for food and accomodation
Cancellation later than 60 days before training starts, no refund is offered.
In the case of serious health problems, reimbursement is offered at 50% with a sick leave certificate.
The application and payment of registration fee, reserves a spot at the training. Cancellation within one week of paid registration, offers a full refund of the registration fee with a deduction of SEK 500 for administrative costs. Cancellations later than one week after registration and before 60 days before training, offer a 50% refund with deductions of SEK 500 for administrative costs.
Force Majeur – If something unforeseen happens outside human control, something that is impossible to predict or regulations issued by the authorities that require the course to be cancelled and moved, the agreed agreement for booking and cancellation between the Scandinavian Nature and Forest Therapy Institute (SNFTI), the participants are offered, in this case, at no extra cost, another date when the training can take place instead. SNFTI and Shinrin-Yoku Sweden have no possibility to reimburse any travel costs for participants in the event of cancellation course for the above reason.